Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Sparklehorse - Black Session 25/9/2006


I'm sitting here in a hotel in Preston preening myself ready for The Magic Band's appearance at The Continental later this evening. Only seen them live once previously at The Wedgewood Rooms in Portsmouth back in 2005. Disappointingly, the band didn't arrive on stage until 10pm, and with the last train (at my then) home at 11pm, with Fratton station being a good 15 minutes walk from the venue, I had to leave just as John French did a mid-song switchover on the drum kit with Michael Traylor during either On Tomorrow or Trust Us.

An exciting night may lie ahead for me, but slightly tainted as today marks the third anniversary of the tragic passing of Mark Linkous. Here's a session spanning songs from all four of his albums recorded in front of a small, live audience for a French radio station based in Paris. The set was briefly circulated on an unofficially released cdr a few years ago.


R.I.P. Mark
Gold Day
Sad and Beautiful World
Apple Bed
Hammering The Cramps
Painbirds
It's Not So Hard
Eyepennies
Spirit Ditch
 Weird Sisters
Ghost In The Sky
Don't Take My Sunshine Away
 Someday I Will Treat You Good
Homecoming Queen
Happy Man

No comments:

Post a Comment