Saturday, 30 August 2014

Peelfest! #3


 
 
I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that today is John Peel's 75th birthday, so by appropriate coincidence here is my 75th Peel session post. Previously the Peelfest's have been posted on the anniversary of Uncle John's passing, but I decided to bring this one forward as a small contribution to commemorate this special occasion.
 
So, once again here are five eclectic sessions, one from each decade of John's broadcasting career.
 
 
 
 
Trouble Trouble
An Old Poltroon
Bounce, Bounce, Bounce
There And Back Via Sweden
Interview
In My Room Sits A Box
Beatrice
An Indirect Love Poem



  
 
Nymphenberger
Sphinx
Jig-A-Jig



 
Rodgers and Out
Tears On My Pillow
Jumping Into Love
Margarita
 
Fruitier Than Thou has CDV's debut 1984 Peel session and an Andy Kershaw set from 1985.
 
 
 
 
Hawaiian Island Wranglers
I'm In Love With No One
Street Bunny
Volvo In G

 
 

Pram - Peel 03/04/2003
Sirocco
Steamwhistler
Leeward
The Archivist






2 comments:

  1. Eclectic is right. Thanks for taking the time to share these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivor's Night Ride session (with interview) is a gem, many thanks for sharing that one with us. :)

    ReplyDelete